Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Purpose Of My New Blog


Where to Begin?
Well, let's just start at where I am. My husband and I work for a shuttle van company that busted our work schedule from full-time to less then part-time this past November. And a year ago the bulk of my children decided to move with their father. Child support left with them (rightfully so). My husband has been looking for more stable employment way before all this happened. I, myself have been looking strong for a better job since May. And we'er still looking. Even today we'er putting in online applications.

So as of right now we are facing eviction. Now I say facing because I have the belief that it will be worked out. How? I don't concern myself with that. I do everything I know to do and trust God with the other stuff I can not do anything about. Besides, I have no idea where we would go if it happened. So I chose to work my faith to believe otherwise. This is not to be confused with putting my head in the sand by the way. It is a excellent way to stay focused. I am keeping my mind on the task at hand and not on the "what might happen".  Why is that method so important to me? I'm glad you asked. It because my husband and I have 10 children together. He brought 3 into the marriage, I brought 5. We had 2 together. 4 live with us. 2 boys ages 21 an 16 and 2 girls ages 4 and 2. Big family. So you can see why we are doing everything not to lose anything, including our peace. There you go the snap shot of my life and our starting ground. The facts are never fun.

Why I started this blog.
I started the blog to be a daily chronicle of the steps my husband and I are taking to improve our lives. I plan to document our journey of pursing the truth of God's hope and future for us. I want to discover if the secret desires of my heart are just vain imaginings or are they the creative touch of God built into the framework of our dna. Either way I believe that the key for maximizing our potential and changing our lives will be in the steps we take or the "seeds" we plant today.

What's the Problem?
I have no idea what seeds to plant for this kind of change. All I have done, for all of my life, is survive. That has been the seeds I've planted. This is different. This isn't making it by any means necessary. This is living on purpose (intentionally). This is thriving. Growing. Living life and living it more abundantly. I am inviting you to come with me on this odyssey of discovery. Hold me accountable, give advice and encouragement, or whatever that may be in your heart. I'm holding myself to a new standard and I'm doing it openly.

Thanks for Reading
See You in Barbados.

If you want to learn how to create your future with blogging click here.
To get the latest post or the catch up with older ones.........

No comments:

Post a Comment